Souvenirs + vintage

Friday inspiration from a few friends...

Want a few fresh touches to your kitchen without spending anything?

thought so

I'm all about "using what you have" and being HAPPY with what you have... and I'm not a frivolous shopper... on the contrary... I'm so very picky with what I buy for our home... a lot of what we have was given to us from either gifts or they are hand me downs... just like Francesca (but I call her Fra:)

so when I saw my good friend Fra's (who lives in Italy) kitchen window the other day, I had to share it here... because just a simple window treatment brought a totally understated yet feminine look to her home

but I love her home — it's not filled with new items, but well loved pieces from family — even her house was her grandmothers! (I do hope you take a look into her beautiful world)
We both had our babies around the same time... hers being the first, mine was the sixth... but now we share a common bond of motherhood beyond our friendship of womanhood...

and then there's my friend Stacey... she also posted her kitchen recently and like Fra, it's filled with her own style... and the colors and fun touches are just perfectly placed... she and her adorable little family just moved into this new house and she has big plans... I know how difficult it is to find the money to do the things you want, but in time it all works out... but I say she is doing a fabulous job with what she has (just the way I like it!) I had the privilege to meet Stacey at the past May sale and that meeting wasn't surely long enough!!! We're hoping to meet up and do some vintage shopping soon...

I write a lot like I'm just writing in my journal... for which I am... this is my online journal... but may I just say a big hello to all my readers... you are so welcome here on my farm... here in my journal...

I often get emails that ask me so many personal questions... and though I may not divulge in that too often, most of my posts are actually hand written with a pen in my bedside journal and then re-typed the next morning onto this journal... sometimes with revisions but most often times it's from that leather bound book and black pen that await me in the evenings... so my blog is really an "open book"

and though I may not respond to every comment, I do read every one

you are all so unique... thanks for stopping

enjoy your day!!

beautiful, family, farm, Friends of the Farm, fun, happy, house, inspiration, kitchen, love, money, shop, time, and more:

Friday inspiration from a few friends... + vintage