Souvenirs + time

not afraid...

I'm certainly not afraid to admit that just as the burning bushes have lost their leaves, I too have fallen and am laying down looking up to the heavens.

I wouldn't mind being gathered and taken indoors or pressed tightly between book pages.

I may be shriveled a bit on the edges, and I keep getting wider each year, but my roots are growing stronger and my color is getting bolder.

Others might even say I should be moved... so I can be in more light, or I would look better over there...

i may not want to go over there...

i may not want to see more light...

sometimes when the light shines bright and I can see more clearly, it's scares me a bit because someone else showed me...
i didn't figure it out for myself

i didn't even see that

the older i get the more i see what i have to learn about myself
(and here I thought I knew it all when I was 17)

if i sit here long enough and am not moved, i could quite possibly just decompose and be turned into something else completely different but just as useful to this planet... maybe even something more necessary than what I was before

life is full of color and light, but also shadows and texture...

i am not afraid to be all of what i am supposed to be...

for now... i'm not afraid of the fall

life, and more:

not afraid... + time