Souvenirs + time

it's in the everyday...

How often do you look at other people when they are so joyous... so happy and silently curse them?
Children teach us the true, pure, honest way of this word joy
instead of struggling, they are quick to jump (literally) on top of you just because you made them the cheesy macaroni and cheese, or their favorite cheese pizza (my kids must love cheese?)
it's when they become older... teenagers... that some children might start picking up on this "I'm not happy for you" attitude
My Friday night 'outing' was visiting some blogs that I have failed to visit I was coming down with mastitis (a nursing thing — feel better now) and was feeling tired, alone, and had a few aches and pains... all the muscles started tightening... until I read page after page of these wonderful women and them pouring their lives onto the screen before me
I wasn't judging
I wasn't reading into it
I wasn't moving anywhere
I just was in awe of the simple joy that everyone had within each other
there wasn't competition
there wasn't any of that ewe ewe yuck yuck* (*that is technical alternative for a very bad four lettered word)

This past week was so much like that... rejoicing in others joy!!
What a world changing attitude
seriously, if you think of rejoicing in your neighbor's good fortune instead of complaining that you didn't get that... what the heck is that good for? that's just envy
and well, envy is not good for anyone's soul

I feel SO MUCH JOY for my very good friend Jen, because of this:


image courtesy of Jennifer Rizzo... which I stole from her blog so I could use her image for this post... click on it to go visit her post on the article and wish her joy!! 
she graces the pages of Country Living Magazine with ease
and to think my husband was her carpenter makes me happy too
at the time of construction, Jen was "the other wife" Jason was there (as you can imagine) every day... working his hands busily to Jen's needs and wants
she was one of those "totally easy customers" because not only is she our friend, but she knew what she wanted and how she wanted it done... Jason is thrilled to see his hard work in magazine!
so I rejoice for Jen and my husband
but also for all of you who are so super nice on stopping by my little homestead and leaving me notes and comments & sending me e-mails

~let's all rejoice in others happiness and success~

art, happy, love, and more:

it's in the everyday... + time