Souvenirs + time

first aid in the wilderness...

after shopping for moccasins when i returned home and plans to erect a tepee in the prairie are emerging, it is no wonder to me

nothing shocking

it's like a natural progression for someone who just lived inside (basically a tepee) tent for nearly 3 weeks in the wild amongst bears

and that is not an exaggeration

funny thing about telling people about my journey across America

they want to know things like "how was it with all those kids?" "didn't you go insane?" "were you afraid of bears?" "I bet you were glad you got home"

the bear 'thing' did scare me a bit... i would be lying if i said it didn't...

when you pull up to a campsite, hike your gear into the woods to erect your tent near streams and a lake with no one else around and signs on the outhouse and entrance to that area saying "bear sightings are frequent" and it states you can't even have water or lip balm in your possession you bet the tingles up and down my spine are jittery

when you survive the first night there without being malled and you arise to see no one else in your family has been attacked, you get this inner strength from God saying "fear not" and then like an native American healer the overwhelming sense of the woods surrounding you speaking in tree and stream whispering "i come in peace"

peace was found in those woods... and if more people would take the time to listen to themselves they would realize they could learn a thing or two about nature's God's calling saying "i come in peace"

and this amazing journey it could not have been so profound if it wasn't for jason

our love grew on this journey

together

he drove and i listened to every bit of what was around me, in me, out of me and surrounded me

this trip across America was like that great paul simon vinyl record i have

if you know me, or take the time to know me, you will already know i have a passion and respect for native american history and music... and hearing one of my favorites, first aid kit, sing America is super special and deeply sentimental of jason and my time together journeying ourselves across this amazing country

all of us are looking for our america... our freedom... our peace...

enjoy the journey to find your america

peace + blessings,

a special and most sincere thank you to bryanne

amazing, family, freedom, fun, house, love, peace, shop, and more:

first aid in the wilderness... + time