Souvenirs + time

a sweet friend's message...

I have something so sweet to share with you today!!
My good friend Koralee, from Bluebird Notes is here on my blog!
Even though she has just moved and is pulled in other directions professionally, she wanted to help contribute to some time off for me... isn't she so sweet?!
enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Really Matters?
Last week we moved into a new home on a lovely street filled with beautiful homes.
We were all excited to meet our new neighbours... I had dreams of meeting a new "best friend".

Someone I could take walks with... borrow a cup of sugar from... drop in to have tea with... a sort of kindred spirit that lived next door!
How wonderful would that be!
My daughter's best friend made this comment when she first came to view our new home... "I just know one of your new neighbours will be dropping off a meal for you... it is just that kind of neighbourhood"

Now that made me excited... I was sure my new "best friend" would be ringing my doorbell with a "welcome to the neighbourhood casserole" in hand.

I went about my business of unpacking my boxes and waiting for that casserole to come.
Hmmmmmmm... it was over a week and still no casserole... no best friend.
I was feeling sorry for myself until my daughter brought in a box of cherries that needed to be dealt with.
These cherries gave me an idea... instead of we waiting for someone to knock on my door why don't I go knock on my neighbour's doors with a sweet treat. After dipping oodles of these cherries in chocolate and covering them with pistachios off I went.
What a great response I got... everyone was so happy to meet us. Those cherries where just want was need to celebrate our new neighbours.
"Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into happiness that you are able to give" ~Eleanor Roosevelt~
So what really matters?
Kindness
Don't wait for others to show you kindness..you be the light!
Kindness can and does change the world!
{just a note... I have not found a "bosom buddy" in the neighbourhood yet but I have lots of neighbours that love us} Thank you sweet Anne Marie for letting my grace your beautiful blog today.
You have always been "the light" to me and so many others.

beautiful, dream, happy, idea, love, and more:

a sweet friend's message... + time