Souvenirs + Winter

cucumbers and sailboats...

the heat makes us pick super early in the morning and late at night
as soon as they come in, they get washed and kept in the cellar, while we wash and prepare the jars and lids

the next morning, it's time to dice/slice and start the brine

we went a bit "overboard" with planting cucumbers we enjoyed them so much while gazing out at the frozen tundra during the harsh winter

since we went overboard, we are able to share so much with friends and family... and I'm so glad
the garden is doing quite well considering the heat and due to planting so close together in most places, I am able to not weed so much (imagine that)
so I did some more sewing using a striped sheet and appliqued a sailboat on it for our daughter

I didn't perfectly line the stripes up... without a care I made this skirt...
she doesn't mind and neither do I
we had lost power from a terribly windy storm... the weather up here is quite peculiar lately and I almost caved and got an air conditioner almost
but once again, we chose not to it's almost a game now... letting it cool off inside the house and run around and closing the windows at just the right time... funny really... but with heavy drapes and quick feet, we are able to keep this old farmhouse cool enough... but we aren't using the oven, instead the grill and the side burner outdoors which I am hysterically calling my 'outdoor kitchen'... someday... someday!
I am however, taking a break from pickles, and am blending and juicing them galore quite versatile
anyone know of uses for cucumbers? I would love to hear how you use them in and out of the kitchen

xo+pickled blessings,

art, family, farm, fun, game, Garden, house, in season, in the kitchen, kitchen, love, Sewing, time, and more:

cucumbers and sailboats... + Winter