Souvenirs + love

love

If I entitled this post "happy birthday" you would think I had the baby!
rest assured
no baby
however... it IS my (beyond awesome) husband's birthday today,

I only baked him this cake... (his favorite... chocolate and peanut butter)

it's made with a deep and rich homemade chocolate cake(I used yogurt instead of sour cream)... organic homemade peanut butter frosting... and a mouth watering chocolate ganache topping

he said I could just give him a baby instead of "something else"
he also said he would have openened it earlier... but we'll both be surprised now

I love my husband so much words seriously cannot come close — he loves nature... God... us... and is such a talented carpenter as well... you can see some of his carpentry skills at: Jennifer Rizzo's (he was the carpenter for her new kitchen) and he also constructed Tracey's cabinet...
and he's pretty much the reason why our farm is featured in Fifi's book... if it wasn't for him, our farm would be in shambles...
~i love you Jason~

and I'm so happy to tell you that he will be joining me on this blog about homesteading!
yeah!!
We are thoroughly engulfed in permaculture and agriforestry studies right now, and we have so much to share with you... and hopefully help you
If you want to know a little 'secret'... I've been contracting pretty heavily...
yeah again!!!
xo+blessings,

p.s. you can find the recipe for the cake at Smitten Kitchen

Cake, farm, happy, Jason, kitchen, and more:

love, «Souvenirs»