Souvenirs + time

dissapointment...

dealing with it
it's not something anyone of us like
we are told by our friends and family (if they have any compassion at all) that 'it'll work out' or 'try not to stew over it'
like a hard workout when you wake up the next day and your muscles are sore, but it feels so good... it takes a lot of hard work to see the results
sometimes you even get burned...

but God willing, you have someone who is there watching and protecting... making sure the fire doesn't get out of hand... and will be there to put it out... but the fire sometimes needs to happen

the right time for the prairie burn is when the birds are not here yet (these images were taken over a week ago now)
before they settle down and make their nests in the thick grass and the trees
before the weather is warm enough to stir the bees from their hives

in our own lives... we can't control when the burn happens
it just happens
it's out of our control and so all we can do is let it burn

since our historic barn burned (a number of years ago... you can read more about that here & a short video here) fire to me is not as scary... but has brought more of an understanding that after the fire, even though it's hot and wild and destructive, it also brings new life

we thought that barn would be our organic co-op store... the hay loft was going to be a very cool place to play the drums and strum my guitar and have really amazing gatherings...
but there were different plans out of our control
now I look out to the prairie

though I do miss that barn terribly at times... the disappointment of not fulfilling my dreams inside it... the burn brought new life
an unexpected life to this farm... to me... to my life
I would not have thought I would be where I am today a year ago.
would you?
we can't plan that... but sometimes it's getting burned and then healing from it... noticing the new life instead of dwelling on the ashes

I hope this Lent is bringing you a renewed sense of self.
I hope this time of reflection is making you lift your hearts in admiration of what you do have.
I hope this Lent is truly making you a better person.
xo+blessings,

amazing, art, dream, family, farm, life, and more:

dissapointment... + time